- Jute is a natural fibre that impresses with it's soft silky luster and exquisite look. It is much softer than other natural fibre floorcoverings so it is a lot less durable
- Jute is made from the fine fibres of the Genus Corchorus plant family that grow in Southern India.
- Being a very fine and soft fibre, jute is not suitable for high traffic areas of the house.
- It is perfect for bedrooms or sitting rooms. It looks and feels good on the floor.
- Jute fibres can be spun with wool and linen to improve durability so it can be used in all areas of the house, apart from kitchen and bathroom.
- Jute carpets are latex backed and they can be stuck straight on the floor or, if you choose to use underlay, installed with the double-stick method
We specialise in made-to-measure jute rugs and runners. We can help plan and manufacture your rug within days of placing an order.
Ashburn Carpets supply and fit all kinds of natural fibre carpets, including jute carpets. Visit our showroom to choose your perfect floor.