- Sisal carpets are made from the leaf fibres of the Agave Sisalana plant, grown in East Africa and Brazil. The fibres are extracted by crushing the leaf and washing away the pulp, then spinning the dried and graded fibres in a yarn. The quality of the fibre depends on the origin of the plant and the sophistication of the manufacturing and grading process, with the European made sisal carpets being the best when made from the finest East African fibres.
- They are suitable for any area in the home, except kitchens and bathrooms
- Sisal carpets are very hardwearing and they can cope even in heavier trod environments
- Sisal carpets can be pricey, but they are very durable
- Sisal carpets are latex backed and they can be stuck straight on the floor or, if you choose to use underlay, installed with the double-stick method
We specialise in made-to-measure sisal rugs and runners. We can help plan and manufacture your rug within days of placing an order.
We supply and fit all types of natural flooring including sisal carpets. Contact us today for a competitive quote.