- Seagrass is woven from a grass grown in the paddy fields of China that are flooded with sea water. After harvesting and drying in the shade, the grass is spun into a very durable yarn.
- Due to the fact that it is a very hard fibre, it is difficult to dye, so it is used mostly in natural colour
- Being a natural fibre, there are inconsistencies in the colours of the yarns, but they add character to the overall appearance of the carpet rather than distracting from it's overall charm
- Suitable for all areas of the house except the kitchen and bathroom
- Seagrass carpets are latex backed and they can be stuck straight on the floor or, if you choose to use underlay, installed with the double-stick method
We specialise in made-to-measure seagrass rugs and runners. We can help plan and manufacture your rug within days of placing an order.
Ashburn Carpets supplies and fits all kinds of natural flooring, including seagrass carpets. Visit our showroom today and choose your perfect floor.